MEDIA ADVISORY, FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
|Contact: Sarah Stipicevic, (212) firstname.lastname@example.org|
The 2014 Fiscal Summit: Our Economic Future will convene lawmakers and leading experts to outline a new vision for a vibrant economic future and discuss the fiscal choices required to achieve it
Participants to include House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi, Senate Budget Chair Patty Murray, Senator Rob Portman, House Republican Chief Deputy Whip Peter Roskam, Former Fed Chair Alan Greenspan and more
NEW YORK — The Peter G. Peterson Foundation will convene the 2014 Fiscal Summit: Our Economic Future on Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington, DC. The fifth annual Fiscal Summit will bring together leading experts and policymakers to outline their vision for building a vibrant economy for all Americans, addressing our long-term fiscal challenges, and securing critical investments in our future.
Conversations will examine the interconnected relationship between a solid fiscal foundation and economic strength. Speakers and panelists will explore how fiscal decisions impact private and public investment, jobs, wages, mobility, technological innovation, business and consumer confidence, and overall economic growth.
The Peterson Foundation’s Fiscal Summit, which debuted in 2010, assembles voices from across the political and ideological spectrum — including elected officials, business leaders, economic experts, and members of the media — to address the urgent economic and fiscal issues facing the United States. The 2014 Fiscal Summit: Our Economic Future will focus on how our fiscal decisions will impact our country’s ability to compete, innovate, and lead in the future.
2014 Summit participants will include:
- President Bill Clinton
- Governor Chris Christie, State of New Jersey
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
- Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), Chairman of the Senate Budget Committee
- Senator Rob Portman (R-OH), Member of the Senate Budget and Finance Committees
- House Republican Chief Deputy Whip Peter Roskam (R-IL)
- Alan Greenspan, President of Greenspan Associates; Former Chairman, Federal Reserve Board
- Erskine Bowles, President Emeritus of the University of North Carolina and Co-Chair of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform
- Glenn Hubbard, Dean and Professor of Finance and Economics at Columbia Business School
- Alan Krueger, Professor of Economics and Public Affairs at Princeton University
- John Engler, President of Business Roundtable
- Sheila Bair, Former Chairman, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; Senior Advisor, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Peter G. Peterson, Chairman of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- Michael A. Peterson, President and COO of the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
The Summit will also feature a series of videos spotlighting perspectives from a range of leaders in business, technology, academia, and social advocacy:
- Jeff Immelt, Chairman and CEO of General Electric
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Chairman of Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
- Darren Walker, President of the Ford Foundation
- Richard Florida, Founder of the Creative Class Group and Director of the Martin Prosperity Institute
Discussion moderators and interviewers include CBS’ Bob Schieffer; PBS’ Gwen Ifill; The Washington Post’s fiscal policy reporter Lori Montgomery; CBS News' congressional correspondent Nancy Cordes; Bloomberg's chief Washington correspondent Peter Cook; and POLITICO’s chief economic correspondent Ben White.
More information about the Summit is available at: www.fiscalsummit.org.
To request press credentials to attend the Fiscal Summit, please email Addison DiSesa at AddisonDiSesa@rational360.com. Space is limited.
|WHAT:||2014 Fiscal Summit: Our Economic Future|
|WHEN:||May 14, 2014, 9:00AM-3:00PM ET|
|Press Sign-In: 8:00AM|
|Breakfast and lunch available|
|WHERE:||Mellon Auditorium, 1301 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC|
About the Peter G. Peterson Foundation
The Peter G. Peterson Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by Pete Peterson — businessman, philanthropist and former U.S. Secretary of Commerce. The Foundation is dedicated to increasing public awareness of the nature and urgency of key long-term fiscal challenges threatening America's future and to accelerating action on them. To address these challenges successfully, we work to bring Americans together to find and implement sensible, long-term solutions that transcend age, party lines and ideological divides in order to achieve real results. To learn more, please visit www.pgpf.org.
LATEST FISCAL NEWS
Ways You Can Get Involved: